The third season of Guild Wars 2’s Living World has taken us all over the realm of Tyria. We travelled to the blasted, chaotic landscape of Bloodstone Fen in the Maguuma Jungle, and learnt of Minister Caudecus’ plans, but he escaped before we could catch him. After that, news spread that Primordus was active and on the move, forcing us down south to investigate Ember Bay in the burning Ring of Fire Islands. Glint’s egg hatched in Tarir, and Lazarus helped us defeat the destroyer swarm. The birth of this dragon gave the heroes an idea to match two elder dragons, Primordus and Jormag, against each other, and so we headed into the Bitterfrost Frontier in the northern Shiverpeaks. During our adventuring, Caudecus had been scheming, resulting in an assault upon Divinity’s Reach and Queen Jenna herself. The battle continued into Lake Doric, whereby we finally cut off the head of the snake. Meanwhile, the one who calls himself Lazarus is still at large…
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed Living World Season Three, and especially the new locations we’ve been to. As such, and to celebrate the announcement of Flashpoint, the fifth episode of the season, we are holding a screenshot competition here at Dragon Season!
To enter the competition:
What we would like you to do is to take a screenshot of your character in one of the new maps introduced during Season Three – Bloodstone Fen, Ember Bay, Bitterfrost Frontier, or Lake Doric. That’s pretty much the only rule – your character has to be in one of the new maps!
Some tips for taking screenshots:
- You can hide the UI by pressing Ctrl-Shift-H, to get a cleaner image.
- Make sure to have your character visible somewhere in the shot.
- Once you’ve taken a screenshot you like, upload the image to an image-sharing site (like Imgur, for instance), then copy the direct link of the image provided and paste it in your comment below this post.
As for prizes, well, we have plenty of swag to give away, kindly donated by ArenaNet. We have five Guild Wars 2 T-shirts (a small charcoal Rytlock revenant tee, one medium and one large black Rytlock tee, and one large and one extra-large grey Guild Wars 2 tee) and one Guild Wars 2 notebook to give away, as well as in-game prizes for those living outside the EU.
The competition rules:
- The screenshot competition will run for one week, until midnight UK time Wednesday 3rd May.
- Please say which prize (T-shirt and size, or notebook) you would like to win.
- Winners will be selected randomly.
- Unfortunately, due to shipping costs, the T-shirts and book are only available to those living with the EU.
- If you do live elsewhere, you can still enter! I’ll send out an in-game prize to you if you win (maybe something wintery that I have in my stock…).
- Keep all posts clean. Any I deem offensive or inappropriate will be removed.
- If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments, or contact me on Twitter @TyrianTweets and @DragonSeasonCom, or email me: tyriantweets at gmail dot com
Good luck to everyone, and I hope you have a legendary time getting some epic screenshots!